“Does Electricity play a great role as compared to petrol in the auto industry as fuel?”
Electric Vehicles first came into existence in the 19th century. It’s far more efficient and comfortable as compared to gasoline vehicles. Compared to an internal combustion Engine Electric Vehicles use Electric Motors or Traction Motors with very few moving parts. Since there is a paradigm shift and a rapid change in every sector of technology this also affects the auto industry and results in the production of Electric vehicles. On another hand, the rapid growth of Electric Vehicles is a threat to the petroleum industry since it is decreasing the demand for petrol and gasoline.
One of the main reasons for which Electric Vehicles came into existence is the continuous increase in the prices of gasoline. Electric vehicles are a great solution to overcome the problem of global warming since these vehicles produce no emissions. It cuts down the maintenance cost as compared to gasoline vehicles.
Moreover, Electric Vehicles offers a better and comfortable driving experience. With Computer-based programmed systems, Easy software, and voice commands it’s easy to operate and control the vehicle. Most Electric Vehicles are capable of Autopilot which is a great feature that enables the vehicle to self-drive itself with the help of a navigation system, parking sensors, and lane assistance.
EVs are just like smartphone devices or laptops, they can be charged at home or on the move. … An electric car or bike can be easily plugged into your home and charged with the use of an EV charger. It is found that over 80% of electric car users charge their EVs overnight at home or at work.
· Electric Vehicles are saving the climate and protecting the environment
· Recharging electric vehicles is much easier than refiling petrol or diesel
· Electric cars output high-quality performance
· Electric vehicles require low maintenance cost
· Much efficient and effective than the gas/petrol vehicle
· Electric vehicles are quieter and smoother
· Ease of operation and Convenient to use
· Finding Charging Stations can be challenging
· Charging can take much longer than refilling petrol/gas
· Availability of spare parts can be challenging
· Spare parts like battery packs might be expensive to replace
These Cons can be overcome by setting more charging stations. Batteries and charging adapters can be improved for faster and quicker charging. The lack of availability of spare parts can be resolved as more electric vehicles will be available in the market. The spare parts can cost cheaper if they will be produced locally rather than being an import.
-By AbdulAhad Dawoodi